Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Be My Valentine

Who could decline an invitation to these 2 little Valentines? However, save your hugs and kisses for until after bath. I love crafts (at least I used to) and I had high expectations this year for introducing a few Valentine projects with Kai and Addie. What was I thinking? The process of craft set-up with both of them excited and grabbing at everything and guidance during the project equaled a total disaster and one very frustrated mommy. But I'm sure I will try again next year. Live and learn. I know I will need a more concrete plan, preparation, patience, and slightly older kids. Here's Kai tasting our Valentine's cupcakes we frosted and added heart sprinkles on. Here's Addie after she annihilated her cupcake twice as fast as Kai and was asking for more. We attended a LOVE PARTY on Valentine's Day with friends from church. The kids had opportunity to decorated cupcakes/cookies and do little crafts. We skipped that (due to the above story). We just enjoyed loving and being loved by friends and good food too. As you can see in the group pic, kids outnumbered adults and it was a chaotic good time! We rode with our neighbors and good friends to the LOVE PARTY. Five carseats configured with entry and exit capabilities, 2 potluck dishes providing aroma, and 2 quick errands later and we were off....a very wild ride, but fun for everyone. Addie and Reese were chit chatting in the above pic and below was all the laughing, singing, and excited Valentines'. Addie was so proud to be in the middle next to the 2 backward carseats to help entertain! I think she held their hands the majority of the way there. Derrick and I had a low key traditional Valentines Day. Fighting the crowds for dinner out, along with spending entirely more money than we can spare hardly seemed romantic. We opted for the simple acts of love, time together, kind words, etc. We are witnesses of a much GREATER love through our Savior Jesus Christ and were able to see that love demonstrated this year in a very practical and sacrificial way. What a blessing. More to come on that.

No comments: