Monday, October 3, 2011

Estes with Papa and MooMoo

Guilty, we don't eat our fish much especially not trout. So when Kai and Addie arrived home from an overnight in Estes Park with Derrick's parents with 3 LARGE trout enormous in length, things got interesting. The now annual (according to Kai) Estes Park trip with Papa and MooMoo was a second trip for Kai and first trip for Addie. They packed their bags very enthusiastically (with ridiculous amounts of unnecessary stuff. Yes, I did re-pack). They knew they would be listening for elk bugling in Rocky Mtn. National Park, hitting Poppy's the favorite pizza joint in Estes, and taking a dip in the hotel pool. However, we were not expecting the trip to Trout Haven and mega trout we would be cooking for dinner the night they arrived home. Needless to say from the pics, it was a first for Derrick and I. I have fished as a kid, but never have I thrown a trout in my fry pan with the tail sticking out the end!!! At least it was pre-gutted before arriving at our house. It ended up being pretty tasty. Kai also came home with a new play sheriff's set.....rifle and pistol included. I believe I've mentioned, but he's into weapons lately. He wore the guns, badge, and hat in a belt around his waist (or occasionally through his underwear) for a week straight. After a few days we just stopped taking it off for meal time.

No comments: