Friday, September 30, 2011

The last month of randoms

Gosh, it's been awhile. I blink and have a stack of laundry that hits the ceiling, my baby is 4 years old and understands WAY too much, and everyone in this house has been in desper-need of a hair cut for weeks! It's time to get on track here (laundry is in and blog is on the way). These are just a collection of random pic over the last month. I have a few theme blogs that are brewing, but stay tuned for those. Pre-bath naked time is treasured in our house. It revs things up for the bedtime routine (just what every parent looks forward to at 7pm). I am realizing Eli was probably several hours past a needed change based on the swelling of his diaper. :) My little jumping bean has been getting rather gutsy lately. She jumped off the stairs during Skate Church while camp chairs were set up right at the landing pad. Her highly dramatic siren cry was a sure way to win the sympathy of 20 teen guys who watched it all go down. She came away with an egg on her head and cut lip. After she caught on, she was quick to show her battle wounds to just about anyone. She looks pretty proud I'd say. All my kids like to snuggle up for movies and couch time, especially after they just wake up. Eli likes to enjoy his snack with his big bro on a regular basis. Now that he's starting to boycott the morning nap pretty regularly he's up for 10am snack time with Kai and Addie. I must admit though, it's much easier to do it all at once and prepare the same thing. A thumbs up from me. Kai is recruiting himself more and more for helpful tasks, like dishes, yard work, etc. Not always as helpful as he thinks. Sounds backwards, I know, like I should be doing the persuading for help. But he begged me to do the dishes this night. I recall jumping at the chance. Eli has finally joined the story time routine (mostly just at bedtime for now). He digs it! He and Addie don't always sit through just any book. But it is pretty fun to see his enthusiasim to participate.

1 comment:

SMB said...

I love your new blog theme. Very cute pictures. Fun times!