Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hospital Stay

We are officially here......Memorial North hospital for extended bedrest. My last Friday doctor's appt. showed further deterioration of my cervical length and accompanying small frequent contractions. Our doctor is attempting to prevent another premature labor (@ 32 wks) and THIS is the safest place for the baby and I to be monitored. Baby seems to be healthy and I'm just "hanging out" and "laying low." We are geared up for an extended stay.....several weeks, unless a baby comes sooner. Derrick and I's parents are pitching in big time help with Kai while I'm laid up here and Derrick is back and forth between home, hospital, and work. Please keep these things in your prayers: 1. Monday ultrasound for baby's health. 2. My ability to "chug" water to keep hydrated without IV fluids and to keep the uterus fluids adequate for the baby. 3. Resolution of a bladder infection I had that contributes to contractions and therefore deterioration of the cervix. 4. For Kai, for a small intestinal bug. Kai has had fever and is not eating well....although seems in better spirits this Easter Day! 5. For Derrick, to balance life.......caring for me, baby, and Kai as well as himself, work, and other chores.

1 comment:

Jos said...

I seriously cannot believe that you are in this situation...I'm in shock!! I can't imagine being in the hospital that long with my little guy being at home. I will for sure be praying for you and would love to come visit lot's. Please let me know if you need ANYTHING!