Sunday, April 12, 2009

33 week marker

Today I am 33 weeks pregnant. Today is the equivalent day Kai was born premature.....so it has me reflecting. I am so thankful for God's "heads up" with this little one on any complications. Although it's still difficult on many levels, He has definitely prepared us for whatever trial sneaks up this time. He is good. All the babysitters are getting sick on me! I think Kai had a little flu bug this last weekend and is now re-cooping....however, he has apparently spread it to everyone who's been watching him. So please pray that everyone would feel refreshed, strengthened, and back to tip-top shape by the weekend. Things at the hospital are pretty status quo. Thanks to everyone for their company, gifts, and prayers. Our little munchkin is still doing well. My cervical length has extended by 1 cm in the safest direction since my admit here...which is a positive thing. I've been having less but still some "irribility" contractions the last 2 days. I had another Fetal Fibronectin test today that predicts if you'll deliver in the next 7 days (amazing technology if you ask me).....haven't heard the results yet. It was negative last week....so pray it will be again. My mom will arrive today to help with Kai the next week. Pray she arrives before our snow storm does! Within this whole hospital/bedrest ordeal, it has been hardest being away from Kai and Derrick. I feel so helpless going from caring for Kai fully to not at all. Please pray for my strength in this area. Again thanks for your prayers and support....we couldn't do it without the help of our friends and family. God is faithful to provide for what we need through this....and He continues to teach us along the way.

No comments: