Thursday, April 30, 2009

35 weeks

Today marks 35 weeks for our little munchkin. We've decided our kids just REALLY can't wait to meet us! We must be pretty cool parents....at least that's what I'm taking away from all this. Your prayers are being heard and God has been so good to us through all this. He has honestly given me a strength I KNOW is not of myself to be able to lay in a bed or recline in a chair all day long for almost a month now! He has provided numerous help from family and friends in the ways of encouragement, prayer, phone calls, emails, gifts, babysitting, meals, and more. Thank you again to all those people who God has used to bless us! My goal is 2 more weeks of bedrest. At that point my doctor feels the baby is mature enough to be very healthy and it will be okay for nature to run its course (meaning no more medications or bedrest). Yeah! Please keep that as your prayer. The excitement and daunting task of having a newborn again is just sinking in. I'm sticking to the motto: "better late than never" on this one!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Derrick, Shelbie, Kai and little baby girl still in utero (YEA!!) Hang in there all of you. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers often. I'll be checking in here on the blog to hear the name of the beautiful baby girl that is so anxious to meet her parents. Love ya.--Laura