Wednesday, September 12, 2012

A quick 5

It's finally below 70 degrees today and raining for the 1st time in MONTHS it seems. The coolness is a welcome treat for mid-Sept. I'm cozy in tights and fury boots....ah, I'm digging it. I might be scrounging to even come up with 5 things here for the quick 5, but really making an effort to keep this blog rolling!

1.  Welcome fall, not so welcome flu. 'Tis the season. Poor Addie girl is plugging through the yuckiness today. I guess we added another bonus to having wood floors with kids instead of carpet! Just easier to clean.

2. Kai is in Preschool! He is loving it. He's verbal and social and it's the perfect spot for him. During drop off I felt my eyes gaining moisture as we were ready to part and THEN Eli started sadly questioning "leave Kai?" leave Kai?" Thrown off completely the moisture disappeared and I tried to explain that we would pick Kai up in a couple hours....."leave Kai?" Eli's tears began. So precious. He didn't want to leave his big bro even for a minute! He cried for him all the way home. On day 2 for drop off he held back his tears but he sadly questioned  "leave Kai?" again. Kai resisted going on 2nd day (although quite tickled his brother would actually miss him), but came out with GLOWING reviews of his time! He was super pumped to come home with the "show n tell bag" to highlight one of the many treasures hidden in his MESSY room! Yes, thank goodness the teacher clarifies ONE item and it MUST fit in the bag! We are still contemplating WHICH item to take! Decisions, decisions.
Kai decorated his own sign "First Day of Preschool"

The blue star in the background is Kai's backpack hook.


3. I came home from work last Friday to hear from Kai that Daddy taught him to make his hands peel with glue when they were bored in the afternoon. It took me a minute to digest that and I wasn't really sure how to react to that. Thanks daddy for the critical life lesson in "the many uses of glue." No need for more lessons in this area please :)

4. Just admit me to the psych ward! I'm 30 and loosing it! I have no good excuses. Stress, well yes. Busy schedule, most certainly. Menopause, don't think so. Pregnancy, not. I just seem to be racking up the examples of brain obliteration.
    1. Made puppy chow to take to party 15 mins before we left. Had it in hand.....got OVER half way there (20 mins from home) and realized I set it on steps and left without it. Seriously?
    2. Wonderful Sunday morning walk in the park with a great friend. Chit chatting over coffee. Ready to leave and pick up family for church and realized 20 ft from the car I didn't have my keys. Yep, locked in the car. Derrick drives all kids in the truck WITHOUT carseats to the park 10 mins from our house to bring me the spare key.
    3. There's more, really. I just can't remember. Just part of this syndrome I've contracted........

5. Eli has a new phrase, "awe." Yah I know, not much to it but it's hilarious when he sticks it in context. He says it usually to indicate he's bummed about something, instead of saying "bummer." And of course the phrase comes complete with an Eli facial expression. That's why we call him our funny man!
 

1 comment:

SMB said...

Great updates! Miss you guys! I have a funny, not in carseat story, too!