Friday, May 4, 2012

Our pooch, Scout


Once you have kids it's a new life for your pets. Scout (our dog) has been scheming up ruckus lately. Not that this is really unlike her. But there have been 3 separate incidences to speak of:
-1- I naively took all the kids and Scout to the dog park by myself (Dumb, I know, but I had a plan for the kids to play just outside the fence in a sand and silt bed with their pails and shovels). However, I DID walk the kids through the dog park and ended up carrying Addie and Eli because they were scared of the large dogs that were greeting them. Then before I knew what had happened we were in a dog pile. Yes, I fell with Addie and Eli in hand and we all ended up in the poopy dirt. Kai was walking right beside us and got tangled and fell as well. Everyone screaming or crying, including me. Ultra embarassing. I was surprised that NO ONE came to help me fend off dogs and pick up my 3 disoriented children in the middle of a dog park with pails and shovels spread all over. Sad and disappointing in my fellow dog owners :)
-2- Scout got a squirrel in our backyard! She stalks and chases them all day long and I never imagined she'd actually have one in her mouth. Although she IS a hunting dog, so why question the instinct. Where's the listening instinct is what I want to know!!? 
-3-She dug a hole under our fence and crawled into the neighbors new garden they spent all day yesterday planting. Yeah, really nice way to meet your neighbors. Sheesh.

No comments: