Friday, April 15, 2011

This kid cracks us up! 1. We've been praying daily for a YWAM team from our church. We pray for the team by name each day. Kai has been a little hesitant to pray for people he doesn't know. A few days ago at the dinner table Kai asked "who are we praying for?" Derrick replied "we are gonna pray for unity." Kai crinkled his nose and pondered, "who's unity?" He asked the same question when we told him we were praying for encouragement tonight. 2. During bath time, I was bending over from the toilet seat to dry Addie off. Kai pointed to my stomach and asked, "what's that? Do you have another baby in there?" (Seriously? Leave it to a kid to say what you fear everyone else is thinking-LOL) I replied with what I remember my dad telling me as a kid, "it's a bowl full of jelly" and I added in there for humor's sake, "it's a bunch of PBJ's in there!" I did managed to smile about it. We went on about our lotion and pajama routine and about 5 mins later Kai smirks and adds, "but mom, you didn't have PBJ's tonight!" 3. After dinner tonight Kai was intrigued with something down his shirt. He was peering down over and over. We were enjoying some fruit popsicles together. When we questioned what exactly he was looking for he replied, "something is down there." Nope. After coaching him to lift his shirt to see better what it was we discovered just popsicle juice running freely down to his belly button.

No comments: