Monday, January 4, 2010

Rewind...Holiday Prep

I guess it really will start AFTER Thanksgiving with all the holiday prep!
We had the quite the experience with small Charlie Brown Christmas trees this year. Yes, you read right, "trees" plural. We cut our 1st Ponderosa pine tree during Derrick's lunch break one day (in a slight hurry and lacking a better time to go). Derrick's words against mine were "Babe, it's meant for the corner." Let's just say, the corner didn't even help this tree. The needles all turned brown and started falling off within the first 6 hours we had it in the house and it had huge gaps!
Out with the old, in with another.
We went on the search again......this time I got the final say. We ended up with a cute little spruce that served its purpose! Here's a few snapshots from both tree cutting excursions!
The family with the ugly Ponderosa Pine tree. Notice Derrick's holding it at an angle (for good reason). I was totally faking my smile! LOL Addie was a happy little tree hunter in her Elmer Fudd hat.
Kai is my outdoorsmen! There was something to play with or explore in each tree hunting spot.
During the holidays Ponderosa did a few improv dinner shows for the public. Aunt Mimi and Alex (my teenage babysitting saints) volunteered to babysit so I could help with a few of the shows. This was one night after the show when Addie was ALMOST ready for bed and in an excellent mood!
Kai and I decorated a gingerbread house this year. Our first one ever! He really enjoyed it, especially sampling all the candy and licking the frosting off the roof! I'd say I need some improvement as well in years to come. Notice the box picture behind the real thing......we'll shoot for that quality in a few years! Kai is also understanding pregnancy more this time around. He's witnessed my sickness and frequently checks my tummy and gives the baby kisses. He says "his baby makes him sick too" and "he thinks he needs a cracker to help his baby feel better"......he obviously gets the morning sickness stuff anyway. He really is sympathetic and comforting and he doesn't even know it!

1 comment:

SMB said...

I love how Kai is trying to make the baby feel better, too. How cute!