Monday, June 29, 2009

Addie now

It's been awhile since I updated on Addie's latest. She's already changing so fast. She is really moving up in the world.....she is just transitioning into 0-3 month clothing and #1 diapers. So many cute outfits left behind, yet so many cute ones ahead!
At her 1 month doctor's appt she weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and grew 1 inch (confident she's larger than that now at 6 wks). She continues the beginnings of beautiful bright blue eyes and will track you with her eyes if you are close enough. I am convinced she gave me her first intentional smile just yesterday. Ah, the little milestones.
She also has started to sleep a little longer at night. The last few nights I've found myself waking up, looking at the clock, and wondering if I just forgot I had already gotten up to feed her? Nope. She went 5 1/2 hrs. last night......felt like an eternity. So her routine is adjusting a little on account of this new change.
Addie has been a polar opposite of Kai (and slightly more spoiled).....she likes to be in a sling attached to me, MOVING in her carseat, or in her vibrating chair to fall asleep during the day. I'm just thankful she's somewhat flexible and able to keep up with our on-the-go summer activities (especially since Kai is insistent on always being outside).
Addie also has refused a bottle and pacifier up till now. Which for our little "siren" and a tired mommy has caused some LONG days. I offered the same style paci and bottles Kai used as an infant and had no luck. So we just switched them all to new brands and styles! Bingo. We have a much more muffled siren now.
Addie's newborn photo shoot pics have arrived! Here is her trademark shot. I cannot share them all with you via blog. But feel free to check out a couple others on krisiannephotography.com or come on over in a week or so and see them hanging on our walls! It's so nice to have a couple individuals of each of the kiddos and several cute ones together! Thanks again to our friend Kristi for an awesome shower gift!

3 comments:

Jos said...

Woah! Those pictures are amazing. I can't wait to see more. What cuties.

The Wiese Family said...

What little cuties they are Shelbie!! Isn't being a mommy the best job in the world!?!

Crystal said...

WOW - way to capture the moments! your kids are adorable!