Saturday, February 21, 2009

Decorating attempts

My attempts thus far in cake decorating have really been quite sad, but I'm excited to use the things I've learned in the class my sister-in-law and I are taking on a theme cake. Perhaps it won't be until the next birthday, but my resources & tools at this point reach far beyond Kai's 1st birthday pig cake.
Funny story. I spend an entire Friday afternoon preparing double layered cakes, frosting them, and preparing extra decorating frosting to take to my first class..... FROM SCRATCH. I was sadly disappointed we had NO time to attempt anything ON the cakes we brought to that class and ended up decorating it at home in a very uninspired fashion. The overload of making the cakes and taste-testing the frosting left me NOT wanting the first slice.....so to this day the full cake stands, untouched. I couldn't bring myself to eat a slice nor bring myself to throw it away (I just threw it tonight; a week and one day later). I've already promised myself a few of the cupcakes I decorated in class today ....making sure the preparing and sitting around for a week doesn't become a trend!
The uninspired cake with no theme and faded frosting after week 1.

The cupcakes.

No comments: