Sunday, September 28, 2008

Barn Bash

Kai had a Barn Theme 1st Birthday Party on Sunday. Being the center of attention really wore him out! He had an absolute blast! He's finally grasping the cake and gift idea that accompanies birthdays. Thanks to everyone for attending the Barn Bash and for all the generous gifts.
This was my "no-skill" PIG CAKE for Kai to smash his face in at the party! I really want to make it a tradition to make our kids' birthday cakes myself. I may check out a cake decorating class for the future (it would've come in handy). Although in the circumstances, I was pretty proud of this cake, big ears and all. Kai got to do a "trial smashing" on Thursday night at a camp birthday gathering and he really grasped the concept by Sunday!

Here's some of the after-math! What can I say, he loves cake!

Kai wearing mommy's cowboy hat! He was trying to get into the "theme." Thanks to those who tried!

We took a couple short Hayrides around camp to really feel like we were out on the farm. This was Kai's favorite part of the party. He rode on the hay wagon while Daddy drove the tractor. He jumped, screamed, and pointed at the tractor almost the whole way. He even said "tac-ta" at one point! Kai's driving the tractor in this pic!

There was one point in the afternoon while we were preparing that Derrick looked at me and said, "Do you think we went a little overboard for a first birthday?" I casually replied, "Nah, it will be fun and worth it!"

And it was.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

We had a great time! Anytime I can see Kai, count me in!

theStovers said...

Olivia was sitting on my lap to look at Kai's pictures and she kept saying "Yummy Yummy Yummy" about your cake pics! :o)

It looks like so much fun!

Jos said...

I'm glad we got to be there for Kai's first party. It was a fun day.