Sunday, February 10, 2013

So I can laugh about it later

This story is written here strictly to remind me to laugh about it....believe me on Saturday when it all went down, I wasn't laughing.

I headed out with the kids for a couple quick errands after lunch Saturday (at normal rest time--1st stupid mistake). We hit the bank to deposit a check.....kids whining because I told them I wasn't going to ask the teller for suckers. Headed to Hobby Lobby. Eli fell asleep like 3 blocks before we got there so I carried him in and laid him in the mini carts. He kept sleeping sitting up :) Nice. We cruised through the store for over 30 mins. We had gotten what we went for and were just looking around. We hit the clearance aisles, browsing the chipped frames and suddenly a waist height vase crashes to the floor and shatters the entire length of the aisle. You thought it was a kid didn't you? Nope. The momma did it on accident :( After offering to pay and helping to clean up hundreds of pieces throughout the whole aisle, we head to check out. Best to get outta there at this point (Eli is still sleeping). We stop at the Valentines section, as everything is on sale and we have a school Valentines box needed next week.  Eli awakens at the excitement. After everyone pulls craft items off the shelves and barters with me (all at once waving things in my face for what they think we NEED), we chose a few stickers and wrapping paper etc. to decorate boxes with. We jump in line and it quickly fills in behind us as there is only ONE checker on a Saturday. I am talking with the checker lady and quickly diverted to yelping behind me....... Addie and Eli have both jumped on the same side of the mini cart pulling it over on top of Eli. Addie is crying hardest (drama queen) and Eli is laying "under the bus." We pay and quickly vacate. Eli has now napped and after the drama is happy as a lark. Addie (who doesn't nap mind you) throws a large tantrum getting strapped into her carseat and we end up waiting 5 mins for her to settle, buckle up and to lecture her. Mom is not happy.

We get home FINALLY and everyone is required a rest....mostly because mom needs a rest. I am throwing in a load of laundry in the basement and Addie is almost asleep when I hear (from the basement) the boys yelling for me (right next to Addie's room upstairs). We are ALL up and grumpy now. Addie then informs me while she was falling asleep in her bed her gum had fallen out of her mouth, into her bed, and she COULDN'T find it. What? We searched. We are STILL missing that gum.

Then I start dinner....something simple and quick. At the table Addie and Eli's spirits have risen. They are goofy. As I dish seconds at the stove, a whole cup of milk hits the floor. It sprays Addie, 4 chairs, and the wall about 3 ft. away. Mom cleans it.  Kids to the bath for an early bed....sounds like a overly needed plan. As they play and I search out clean pj's, a wave a water hits the floor as the slanted tub wall has become a slide for the brothers. Needless to say it was a quick bath and quick to bed after that. When daddy arrived home from work, there wasn't much energy left to even fill him in on our afternoon. Some day this will be a good story to laugh about. For now, just glad it's not Saturday.

No comments: