Thursday, February 7, 2013

Camera is Missing in Action

Sat down today to get something on the books in February for this poor unappreciated blog of mine. I opened a blank post with the great thought, "when not many great words, post a really great picture." Only my camera has gone M.I.A and I honestly can't remember if there's a single new pic on there since Christmas :(
I keep logging funny sayings or cute stories in the back of my head lately, only to be lost because I neglect to write (or type) it down.....another of my sad realities.

Well then, in other news with slightly scrambled words, an update on us:

1. We experienced Kai's 1st parent-teacher conference for preschool in Jan. It wasn't a surprise he is excelling and is a leader in his class. They have been studying space the last couple weeks, which has been a highlight of topics for Kai. Our fridge is plum full of spaceships, rockets, and planets!  We have an astronaut costume on loan for a few days from school and his new favorite planet is Saturn (because of the rings). If you haven't "purchased" tickets to one of Kai's concerts yet, you are in for a real treat! He is really into country music, guitar (a special Christmas gift), and serenading you with his country twang! He even gave his BSF teacher a preview today and she said she instantly fell in love :)

2. Addie has signed up for preschool next fall and asks every time we drop Kai off if I need to sign her up!? The excitement lingers! She is so looking forward to "skew-wool." In our new house she has her own room and constantly asks if she may play alone and quietly in there (sometime avoiding rest time but..so cute). She often comments to her brothers "please keep your boy toys out of my girl room." Although this comment is usually preceded by her throwing their toys into the hallway and the eruption of yelling and arguing has already simmered. :)

3. Eli is flirting with potty training and I am trying to stop a moving steam roller.....I'M just not ready. He tried pull-ups and now we are back to diapers and we will probably jump with 2 feet into undies by the end of the month....I guess let's just get it over with. Although mind you, he is MUCH more enthusiastic about it all than I am. He has been a momma's boy the last few months.....crying when I leave for work or drop him at church or BSF. Although today was the 1st exception in a while, so we may just be leaving that phase afterall.....it WAS nice to be so needed while it lasted.

4. God has been opening doors left and right with opportunities for ministry and work for Derrick and I, which we are grateful for. Most large, involved, and/or costly projects in our new house are completed for now. THAT alone is a very refreshing feeling. It is an adjustment to just sit and enjoy instead of feeling like there's always something more to do (I guess a similar battle to the bible story of Martha and Mary)We look forward to a new season of hosting and utilizing this blessing God has given us.

Well until we have a camera again :)......

No comments: