Tuesday, August 9, 2011

here's to adults

This post is about adults. I know, Derrick and I rarely get any coverage on this blog and believe me the pics are few and far between as well. But amongst the bottles, diapers, baths, and messes we do ATTEMPT to have somewhat of a life as well. So here's to a rarity...... My dear PREGNANT friend Kaci and I dazzled for tea to celebrate our friend Tara's baby girl set to arrive this month ! Nothing a trip to the ARC thrift store can't fix when you're at a loss for granny's white gloves and tea hats. Heavenfest 2011 in Loveland, CO. These are our homies, Matt and Sarah Gaw (oh and ministry partners, friends, and neighbors as well!) We spent all day in the HOT sun manning the booth to promote our upcoming skate ministry event, LOUD & CLEAR at Memorial Sk8 Park in CO Springs on Aug 19th. We had shade (praise God, otherwise we may have melted), we were kidless (can I hear another praise), and we could hear great music mostly from afar. I also got to see my cousin Angie (5th I believe) and her hubby Allen at the Museum of Nature & Science in Denver. Addie, Eli and I played around the museum in City Park most of the afternoon before meeting up with Angie and Allen to view mummies and birds. LOL. Allen was playing the actual bird calls from his IPhone while we were viewing the replicas. A & E loved it! I got to hang with 2 of my most fav college roommates, Lindsey and Katie, at LA's shower for BBA (that translates, Lindsey's shower for baby boy Anderson....a story for another time). It's tradition to get a pic like this when we're all together.....just glad it wasn't my belly this time! I know, he doesn't belong in this blog. But he's too cute to leave out. If you haven't seen us in a while, Eli got a buzz cut. He looks fully boy and cuter than ever! Ok, if you read my blog to get updates on my kids alone, back to the madness...........

No comments: