Saturday, August 27, 2011

All my little buddies

I'm so behind and have so many great pics.....so here it goes. This blog of pics has random times throughout the last week or so. All the little buddies at our house are playing together well and I think most of these pics show it. It blesses my socks off to see the synergy between these kiddos. For the most part, they play well, share toys, and include one another. Sometimes it takes a little prompting but we can trudge through upsets and tears most days. However don't mistake me, we have our moments of selfishness, tantrums, and meltdowns as well. We will concentrate on the good for now.---------------------- Derrick and his lil helpers installed a new toilet on Saturday. We got some new WASHABLE paints and now I have very happy, MESSY artists! We've been having some recent issues keeping Addie in her bed after the lights are out and the door closes. Sometimes I catch she and Kai talking and giggling, but I found them asleep like this last night. This box was hours of entertainment. They all hid in it, drew on it, sat in it, and made weapons out of it. Kai and Addie's shields of faith and swords of the Spirit (yes, learning the biblical principles of God's armor) AND fearless battle faces. Addie and Eli with less direction from Kai on WHAT they would use the box for and decide to just sit and enjoy the simplicity of it. Daddy with the lil tikes! Eli is now off the bottle completely.......it was super easy. It was more a matter of me just putting milk in the sippy cup. It's bittersweet having all my babies do things themselves! :( The blow-up pool hasn't been seeing much action lately, even though it continues to be HOT. We pulled out the baby pool one morning last week and had contests who could sit in the icy water the longest. Eli is the man! We had to take several warming breaks. Derrick and I agree that Addie and Eli could pass as twins in the below pic. A classic Kai pic. He's copying how Derrick uses Kleenex for bloody noses or to prevent drips lately with his uncontrolled allergies/cold. Kai randomly walked down the stairs with the Kleenex in his nose. It's a trend this week. Picnic in Brighton at the sk8 park. We were right next to the street because we were so desperate for shade! My kids ask to have picnics almost every other day! I'm so glad they love PB&J's! Cutie pie picnic buddies!

1 comment:

Jos said...

So many cute pictures!! Thanks for making me smile. :)