Sunday, March 27, 2011

March is out like a lion

The 1st FCA SK8 Mission Trip to NM was a success! It was a weekend jam-packed full of outreach and skating. Everyone seemed pretty 'tuckered out' when they got home. Watch for more details in our upcoming ministry update! The kids and I stayed home......but did not miss out on any action! We had a full weekend. We had movie/popcorn night, we ate at Chick Fil-A* with our wonderful neighbors (whose dad was accompanying Derrick on the mission trip) and took a long walk to the park with them in the evening. (** this lunch adventure was interesting. Addie escaped without me noticing from the play area and was returned by a Chick Fil-A worker who noticed her standing alone by the exit! AHHH! Then to top off the trip, I was putting Eli in his carseat first with Kai and Addie right next to me OR SO I THOUGHT. Literally in a matter of 3 secs she was gone. My heart dropped when I thought of her running toward the drive thru in the parking lot. I frantically rushed out searching for her. A good samaritan in a car driving around the loop was frantically pointing on the other side of the car where Addie escaped YET AGAIN! Gezzo.....I had much to reflect on that day. Praise God for His grace on me.) Grandma and Grandpa visited for a long weekend in March. We walked at Garden of the Gods and ventured to the park near our house. Kai and Addie were busy showing them all the toys and games they miss out on! K & A soaked up every second they visited....starting in Grandma and Grandpa's bed with them in the wee hours of the morning until story time before bed! It's always a nice break for Derrick and I when grandparents are present!! Addie discovered Kai's undies! I just thought it was cute watching her pull them on by herself and then proudly strut around in them! Maybe this means another one out of diapers soon!??!?! I won't hold my breathe. We're bringing in April with a little stomach virus (well, only Kai so far). Lucky us. The recent colder more seasonable weather is not very delightful in my opinion. Spring fever continues. Although, I AM jumping on that spring cleaning I mentioned (which is impressive for me)....closets, check, re-decorate living room 1/2 done, check, summer clothes and swimsuits ready to go, check. Now we're just waiting......

1 comment:

Jos said...

Super Mom!!!!!! :) Miss you guys - have to see ya soon.