Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Only Words

Inspired or motivated definitely do NOT describe me this week. Hence, no new blogs. I have a cluttered house, no new pics even taken on my camera for a blog, clothes piled in baskets (clean and dirty), a bare fridge, dirty dishes stacked in the sink, unkept bathrooms....well, you get the picture. Basically, the last thing I should be doing is blogging, but here I am. We hit the library today on the way back from an appointment. It has been awhile. Since I discovered the "HOLD" option it's rare I bother with a caravan into the isles to randomly select books off the shelves. I usually quickly select 8 or so books and allow Kai and Addie to each pick a DVD. I noticed today the DVD was more exciting than the books....how does that happen at the library!? Although new books for nap time reading is always exciting, especially when you're not having to buy them! So I can't complain about the library too much! Little E is sick again! I'm headed to the doctor with him later this afternoon. He seems suseptible to every little "bug" (that's a 3rd child for you I guess)! With a snot nose, diarrhea, and fever on top of introducing new solids and swollen teeth about to pop through, life couldn't be more agonizing! As cruel as it seems, he does sleep better with a fever. For this I am a hair thankful for. The sickness since Thanksgiving has provided a few setbacks. He's not sitting up, but getting closer. He loves to jump and be in on ALL the action! Addie is at a fun, entertaining age. Her vocabulary is exploding. She mimics words and has caught on to phrases that Kai teaches her, like "good to go" and "me, me, me" and "moe, moe" (more) and "peas, peas" (please), and many others. She has such a sweet little voice. We quiz her on words for entertainment and to sharpen her skills! She feeds her baby often and is so nurturing and she throws tea parties with Kai daily! A couple small toys can entertain her for hours! She continues to put on dances for us! We're considering a clip for America's Funniest Videos. Kai is too smart for his own good on most occasions! He picks up on everything and doesn't let anything down. He's more into imaginary play these days, lots of growling bears and stomping dinosaurs at our house. He includes Addie too, which has been fun. He pushes Addie in laundry baskets like race cars and has taught her how to tip toe. She's pretty good at playing along. Grandma also got Kai excited about the game hide and seek (which helped me realize we need to work on our counting)! He still loves to do "projects"....his own projects like crafts w/glue or scissors, playdoh, drawing/coloring or to help with our projects like fixing, sorting, cooking, etc. Well Skate Church at our house tonight, so better get back to the above list! Pics soon when I turn over a new leaf of inspiration!

No comments: