Monday, April 12, 2010

A couple Kai quotes

Kai is very verbal for his age and never ceases to amaze us. I've been vowing to remember some of the comical and sentimental things he says, however I'm horrible even after several hours. So now I have a little list on the fridge....no excuses the quotes shouldn't make it there! Here's a few from the week (a little background is needed for some of them): 1. Last week I made baked sweet potatoes for supper. After talking them up and discussing how healthy they are (which is one of Kai's favorite questions recently "is _____ healthy mom?"), he decided they were pretty "bangin'" (another choice word of his). He stated, "I'm proud of you momma." Derrick asked "why" from the kitchen. Kai replied, "because she's my precious girl." It brought tears to my eyes. Derrick calls Addie his "precious girl" on occasion and we think that's where he picked it up. Kai needed his own "precious girl" too. 2. As he's playing Kai states, "I'm going to sing about God on my guitar" (which is an air-guitar). He leaves and returns after several minutes, "Mom, I need a bigger guitar." If he only knew..... 3. My "little snack man" pulled his stool up to the kitchen counter and asked "Can I have a M&M?" Quickly followed by "do you love me?" I literally had to stop to ask what he said just to see if it was for real. I gave him a handful of M&Ms the other day because I wanted some (it's impossible to sneak snacks around this kid) and told him it was "just because I loved him." Let the manipulation begin. 4. (Not a quote, but made Derrick and I roll with laughter) Normally in the early mornings the only words we hear out of Kai's mouth is "I need my juice." As I've mentioned in recent blogs, Kai wears his sunglasses ALOT lately and I had pulled out my old cowgirl hat to put on our snowman a few days prior. To our surprise, Kai walks into our room happy as a lark one morning with his sunglasses on (upside down of course), cowboy hat adjusted slightly to the side, and new nerf gun in hand! Just picture it. We thought we were being ransomed for juice!

No comments: