Thursday, May 14, 2009

Crocheting

I felt I needed to document my new crocheting abilities before life gets more chaotic at our house. I had some very generous ladies from church come over during my bedrest and give me a down and dirty lesson on crocheting a baby blanket and hat. I was so grateful for the time they took to teach me, the entertainment it provided, the new blankie and hat I have for our little girl, and the only accomplished feeling I had (most days anyway) while laying around the house!
The blankie is a "granny square" that continues all the way around! Very easy & repetitive once you get going.
A 0-3 month size beanie with multi-colored yarn. I messed up on the bottom and slip stitched it instead of single crocheting the edge, but I know better for next time! The great thing about these little hats is they don't take too much yarn and you can probably finish one in 2 evenings in-front of the TV.
Since there's no baby to model them yet........thank you bears.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

so, so, so cute! i'll special order mine in pink or blue soon! hope you had a good day ... thinking about you!