Monday, May 13, 2013

MOM's Day 2013

Ah, it's so refreshing to BE celebrated and soak in the grateful attitudes and help coming from my kids.......yet because they are all still young and need our help with MANY tasks each day, thank you Derrick (never under-estimate a father on mother's day)! I DO like Mother's Day!

Derrick and Eli worked up some bangin' cinnamon rolls and fruit smoothies for breakfast, but my favorite part of breakfast was each of them naming the things about their momma they were most grateful for.....including feeding them, giving snacks (can you tell they were hungry and it was in the early stages of breakfast), taking them to the park, etc....but when Eli was in doubt of a unique answer he just shyly smiled and said "love you mom." Melted my heart that kid. 

 Later in the day after herding 17- three, four and five year olds at church I got to lay on the couch and nap....it was wonderful! Usually when it's allowable to nap, I can't. Normally when I have no time or some heaven sent peace and quiet, I need need need a nap and can't take one. This was a divine nap on Mother's Day.
 Then after celebrating and eating dinner with my mother-in-law for sushi and noodles, we hiked it off at Ute Valley Park. Kai and I hiked hand in hand for most of the trail. When it got steep, he "pulled" me up with his handy-dandy walking stick (he must have mistaken me for an old woman who is not capable to hike anything steep at my age). However, he was very sweet and we chit chatted.
My little Addie girl led the hike the entire way with energy to spare......this girl is all about efficient pace and singing and talking while we move. She did stop jumping and frolicking long enough for a quick snuggle pic with her momma at the top of the ridge.

We stayed out till dark in t-shirts (ah wonderful CO evenings) and made it home to FaceTime with MY mom and hear news of the sex of our new baby cousin, expected to arrive late Sept 2013!!! (keeping in quiet until it won't be "new" news from me broadcasted publicly via blog :))

All to say, I'm one blessed momma! Life is a whirlwind with this whipper snapper's most days, but it's days like this one that make me enjoy the small moments of singing while we hike together, walking hand-in-hand behind the pack, or a sly "love you" when most unexpected. It makes my heart happy.

No comments: