Thursday, October 25, 2012

Fall flies


Our fall has been filled with baking pumpkin muffins and more importantly eating them, cuddling up on the couch together for family movies and pumpkin carving. It's been filled with much much more, but man it gets away from me. 

My little bakers. Addie and Eli dump in ingredients and Kai cracks eggs or helps prep some ingredients. It's hectic baking you could say! I have great memories baking with my mom and brothers as a kid. The licks of batter or dough are what I recall as the highlight! My kids are following in my footsteps. I think that's what they are waiting for in this pic!

Boys Best Friend.
Kai and Scout have become closer buddies. He's taking more responsibility for her by
 helping feed her breakfast and supper and giving her lots of love and attention. He includes her in his play and talks to her regularly. I have busted them on the couch and the Love Sac together (which is not allowed).

Cheese Ball.
We laugh at Eli frequently. He has always been our funny man. We question him daily if he learned ________(whatever he's doing) at "Funny School." He thinks it's hilarious and plays it up every chance he gets! Every time he finishes something he states "I cashed it" (picking up on his Daddy's goofy phrases). He's molting right out of his toddler skin and into early preschooler mode. He's speaking in mostly complete sentences and throwing much more complex and manipulative tantrums (lucky me).

This little Diva loves to dress up (partly dress up as you can see) and dance. She chooses a dance outfit and instructs me to crank up the music in the kitchen. She's all sassy OR all sweet as usual but bordering along drama queen as well. She's working hard on dropping her afternoon nap, which is the culprit to sassy and drama queen modes later in the day :(


Each of the munchkins carved their own pumpkins this year, each with a different face. Eli was hesitant on touching the "guts" at first but Addie jumped right in! Yes, she's in her underwear. It's hard to capture home life without her being at least half naked these days.
Gettin' the guts out

A little too much? Derrick drilled nostrils in Kai's pumpkin.

With their finished and lit pumpkins!

Other Highlights:
  • The kids and I got to go on Kai's 1st preschool field trip to Fountain Creek Nature Center. They enjoyed the animal education puppet show more than the actual nature hike to my surprise! Great program. 
  • God provided GREATLY at our 1st ever Process Skateboard Ministry Fundraiser. We raised enough $ to buy a van/bus for transportation, outreach, mission trips, etc etc. Check out skateprocess.com if you don't know much about this ministry.
  • We continue to wait to close on our NEW HOUSE. We've had multiple delays this month and we are daily trusting OUR plan is not the BEST plan. 
  • Halloween costume parties are on the calendar in T-minus 3 days and I have yet to even give it a thought! This is fairly typical of me :(
Happy Fall.

No comments: