Wednesday, January 25, 2012

30th Birthday Party

For about 9 years now, Derrick and I have SHARED a birthday. There is one day between our birthdays in which we usually go out to celebrate each other instead of giving gifts. But with turning 30 this year, we both agreed a kidless party was necessary. To throw it back old school, we slapped a 90's theme to it.....dress 90's, listen to 90's, and play 90's trivia. Derrick even wanted to venture into the foods we ate in the 90's (Bugles full of Easy Cheese for him), but I opted out of that one (those of you who attended can thank me later). Derrick and I shopped at the thrift store for our 90's threads! I was going for a Paula Abdul/Friends look and Derrick scavenged something similar to Wayne's World in my opinion. We had other great 90's outfits and accessories that friends wore as well, including flannels, an array of jeans, scrunchies, track suits complimented by a discman, overalls, Doc Martens, and many other goodies. Derrick and I have a list of 30's goals and projects.....we are viewing it as a growth period and new season. So here's to the 90's!!

No comments: