Sunday, June 15, 2008

Truly inspiring

I started following "Confessions of a CF Husband" blog months ago (cfhusband.blogspot.com) after a friend mentioned an inspirational and God-glorifying story. It's a husband's story of he and his wife, Tricia [who has CF (Cystic Fibrosis)] and their little girl, Gwyneth. Check it out. I was checking their most recent posts tonight and ran across their "Fathers Day video." The video is re-posted from when their daughter, Gwyneth was born 15+ weeks premature. It was his "most treasured Father moment thus far." I sobbed. I watched it again. I sobbed some more. The video spurred so many heartfelt memories of my own time in the NICU with Kai. Nate and Tricia's story is very different from ours,I know. But the anxiety, fear, and unknowns of your firstborn baby being handed to you by nurses hours after their birth with monitors, IV lines, and breathing tubes all hooked to their tiny bodies will never leave my mind nor become any "less" scary...no matter whose baby it is. Nate and Tricia's story is not only truly inspiring because of the tremendous courage they have shown in the trials God has brought before them, but also everything I have seen or read on their blog is glorifying God's name incredibly through it all. I can only image the daily struggle and pain they must feel. Yet, they are reliant and faithful to their Creator. Truly inspiring.

No comments: